Aug 4, 2005

Hooray!

Hooray for Brianne!!! Knitting has finally clicked for her!!! I am very proud of her as she is one of my long time friends who I didnt know until recently was addicted to yarn too! I have successfully wooed her over from crochet only land and now she has two crafts to satisfy her yarn cravings :) Go over and congratulate her!

It is so humid/muggy/hot out here I am literally melting. And I just bought a bunch of wool yarn to make a cute sweater, but I cannot go near it, I must wait for the heat to subside :(

We also just got our first full summer month electricity bill, yikes! is all I have to say about that one...

I just finished the shawl I made for my Grandma just in time to take it to her as the family is all congregating in TX this weekend for their 50th Wedding Anniversary! Very exciting!!! The family is also stoked to get to see Gracie...she has grown so much since she's seen my family last.

I am also on the last row of my "potato chip" scarf...I'm not sure how I feel about linking this pattern with the copyright hullabaloo going on, so if you want it, go find it at www.knitpicks.com under their free patterns. I'm not sure if I'll be doing any more of these, cramming all those stitches in really made my hands hurt...and that's after extending my longest cord with the 2nd longest cord - I do not know how anyone does this pattern on straight needles, I wouldnt recommend trying it.

Now down to the final countdown to recieving my copy of The Half Blood Prince, my sister was so kind to buy it for me (she of course read it first...had to make sure all the pages were there and what not) I promise this will be a spoiler free zone.

Well, off to pack for TX, I've never been good at packing earlier than the night before ;)
Happy knitting, and I'll see you when I see you :)

No comments: