Aug 30, 2007

Roadtrip!

We had a little roadtrip today so I got much more knitting done than I would have otherwise. I've nearly finished the back side of the Princess Tote. Yes, I've promised a pattern for a project that I have yet to complete. As I was nearing the end of the back side, I was reconsidering what I've done for the front. The stitch pattern on the front is not the problem as much as the yarn I chose.

I picked cotton-tots for this project (in Grape Berry). It's from my stash, from a binge at Joann's during a clearance sale - the yarn was half off the clearance price! I used cotton-tots to make my dishwashing apron and I really like it there because my apron is like a large dishcloth and I like that. But I'm not sure how well the texture of this yarn is fitting the pattern I chose.

The front panel right now features the gingerbread castle from Barbara Walkers 2nd Treasury of Knitting Patterns. Which is lovely (and honestly kind of fun) to work, but I'm just not as thrilled with the "finished" look so far - maybe I need to *gasp* block it? Yes, I think I will block it before it eats flies in the frog pond.

I'm off to bed for a fresh start tomorrow :)

No comments: