Aug 23, 2007

Getting Antsy

Yes, I'm talking about Ravelry, and yes I'm very upset with myself that I didnt sign up forever ago before the buzz got so loud. I think I was intimidated by thinking it was for a richer knitter than myself. And since then I've realized that was just silly of me. I also think I didnt fully get the idea until so many people were telling exactly what it does - I blame it on sleep deprivation. So, at least there are only 385 ahead of me (I think that means I should get my invite next round, hooray!).

...and, yep, I disappeared again. Just as thing were getting exciting with MS3, a friend called me with a blankie emergency. What started as high alert that her kids' gwankies were falling apart, went to emergency level when her youngest's gwankie mysteriously disappeared.

I've finally completed my first pieces for pay, and I think I'm going to go ahead and get my feet in the water and actively look for more projects. I'm going to try to keep it simple to start. So we'll see. I'm not turning it into a "job" yet though ;) For starters we bought a wholesale lot of Italian leather gloves and I'm going to knit/crochet up some scarves to bundle with and see if that helps them move.

Aside from that, I'm back to MS3. I think I'm about halfway through, in the pas de chat section. The wing was nearly what I expected of Melanie. I was cautious about it, and it does look interesting when it is just laid out, but I really like how it looks once worn - and that's where it matters in my book. I'm not creating artwork for may walls/furniture with this one.

Til next time - knit something :)

1 comment:

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

It was nice to hear from you! Congrats on your first paying piece! And...I'm sure you will get on Ravelry soon...and then you will wonder what you ever did without it! :)