Nov 8, 2005

I'm a Squib !?!

***to jump to knitting content, look for the bold print***
So, I came across one of the various "Sorting Hats" (from Harry Potter) and the one at okcupid declared me a Squib.
Squib
You scored 8% Slytherin, 44% Ravenclaw, 44% Gryffindor, and 28% Hufflepuff!
Are you sure that you belong at Hogwarts? You show no defined personal characteristics and therefore no house preference. Perhaps you should seriously consider a lucrative career in dentistry or tax preparation -- or allow the Sorting Hat to redetermine your place at a later date.

Once I recovered from my shock, and actually read the results...I find it hard to deny. I really do equally identify with Ravenclaw and Gryffindor, am ambivalent about Hufflepuff, and dont care much for Slytherin...and Hagrid's not too bad off, he still got to stay at Hogwarts ;) Although I dont get how a less than 50% identification with a house makes me a squib...
The funniest part is that just before I met DH, I had finally gotten my college career on track to be an accountant (which is on hold and/or I will pursue real estate once the kids are in school).
Later on, I came across another Sorting Hat, and it placed me in Gryffindor...so who knows. I am excited about the new movie, and my muggle hubby even said he wants to see this one ~ so I may not have to see it alone after all.
**********************************************************

On to knitting...well, I'm actually avoiding my knitting right now, I started working on Fall (05) Vogue #4 this afternoon, but felt guilty for not finishing the last mitten and seaming up the ensemble, so I finished the other sleeve/side seam during House, and then the poop hit the fan when I started seaming the first mitten. I tried to just backstitch the seam, but it looks HORRIBLE, and my efforts to pull out this seam ended in the mitten flying across the room and me escaping to the computer, hoping for a distraction while my blood pressure resumes normal levels. I used the blue yarn for the "finger-tip" portion of the mitten, and if you noticed in yesterday's pictures, the pink and blue are speckled with the cream color and now I cannot "find" the seam I just put in. So I'm going to either have to wait for better light tomorrow or just give up and redo what I did manage to pull out and figure no one else will notice the goofy seam anyway, Gracie moves too fast.

Well, I feel better now, I'm off to watch Beyond the Sea, and either work on mitten 2 or Vogue #4.

No comments: